May 20, 2017
June 02, 2017
June 23, 2017
CLIFF LEPPKE'S CYBER SEAT
VW’s U.S. Settlement: Largest Ever Automaker Criminal Fine
VW must pay a $2.8 billion criminal fine for cheating on diesel-car emissions.
U.S. District Judge Sean Cox also accepted the $4.3 billion agreement reached in January between VW and the U.S. government. That figure is less than the maximum allowed ($17 billion to $34 billion), because VW cooperated with U.S. regulators after it was charged with wrongdoing.
Cox overruled objections from lawyers representing consumers who wanted to pursue criminal restitution claiming current civil settlements with VW were enough.
Follow all of Cliff Leppke's Cyber Seat posts in our Forums page.
About the Volkswagen Club of America
The VWCA (Volkswagen Club of America) is a not-for-profit hobby club for owners and enthusiasts of Volkswagen and Audi automobiles. Founded in 1955, the Club has followed the evolution of Volkswagen from the early air-cooled Beetle to the latest models to roll off the assembly line. We are not owned by, affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen AG or Volkswagen of America, the Importer. The Club is operated and managed solely by volunteer members who contribute their time and energy in pursuit of our motto, "to help Volkswagen and Audi owners enjoy their cars to the fullest." Read about the club's history.
Membership has its benefits!
Let us count the ways...
- Discounts on Parts, Accessories, and Labor at our Friends of the Club dealers and vendors
- Receive our bi-monthly VW Autoist magazine
- Discounts on merchandise at the Club Store
- Post classified ads online and in the VW Autoist - FREE!
- Participate in family-oriented club events
- Participate in VW forums - get all your questions answered or talk about your VW with other enthusiasts!
- View the entire Autoist online
- Post pictures of your beloved VW on this site!
Latest VW Autoist
Will VW See The Light?
VW once again evokes the memory of the beloved Microbus with its new concept called I.D. Buzz, which created quite a stir at the annual auto show in Detroit. (Photos by Tom Janiszewski)